18th Annual Yale Pediatric Update - Session 8
Essentials of Pediatric Transgender Healthcare: An Interdisciplinary Perspective
Christy L. Olezeski, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Yale School of Medicine
Departments of Psychiatry and Child Study
Director, Yale Gender Center
Anisha D. Patel, DO
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Section of Endocrinology
Director, Yale Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship Program
Attending Physician, Yale Gender Program
- Describe the health disparities faced by TGD individuals in the healthcare system.
- Discuss the internal and external factors that impact health, as well as the protective factors.
- Utilize the current standards of care to best understand the trajectory of affirmative care for TGD individuals.
- Understand the impact of hormonal treatment on fertility for TGD individuals.
- Describe options to make any healthcare setting more affirmative for TGD patients