3rd Annual Westchester County Pediatric Education Days - Module 4
Module 4 – GI and Nutrition
Constipation Motility and More
Ricardo Arbizu, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Associate Director, Neurogastroenterology & Motility Center
Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital
Updates in Obesity and Nutrition
Mary Savoye, MS, RD, CDE
Yale University School of Medicine
Constipation Motility and More:
- Review the current concepts in pediatric functional constipation (FC).
- Describe the different testing modalities in the evaluation of FC.
- Discuss the emerging medical treatment options for FC.
- Discuss surgical treatment for medical refractory constipation.
Updates in Obesity and Nutrition:
- State the overall goal of obesity treatment in the pediatric population.
- Discuss practical clinical approaches to pediatric obesity treatment.
- Describe the criteria for a successful family-based pediatric lifestyle intervention.