Welcome to the Engaging Medical Clinicians in Oral Health resource website for information on oral health for primary care providers.
Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island Medicaid agencies are promoting oral health guidance and the application of fluoride varnish by medical clinicians and their support staff. Through a grant from the DentaQuest Foundation, we can provide in-office training, office materials, fluoride varnish supplies, and other resources to make oral health a part of your practice.
When medical offices include oral health in their well child visits, research shows that there is a significant decrease in the incidence of early childhood tooth decay.
This website includes:
- Information on how to schedule an in-office training
- Information on how to complete the training on-line
- Provider resources, such as Demonstration Videos, Dentist Referral Information, and State-Specific Community Water Fluoridation Information
- Billing Information, Medical Record Instructions and Fluoride Varnish Ordering Information for staff
- Educational resources for your office and patients
- The in-office and on-line training are based on the Smiles for Life curriculum.
Additional resources are provided on this website specific to the training and the three states of Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.